No where really.. Just busy and not motivated to blog.. But here I am now and with a little catching up to do. We are heading to Florida in a week.. My first visit ever, and for a week at Disney! I am very excited, maybe even more excited than the kids. There are 11 of us going. 6 adults and 5 kids, and staying together in a house. It will be an adventure to say the least. With this weather I can't imagine a better time to go. So anyone who has been and has any great tips, please pass them along.
Eli is still enjoying school, but says he is tired of snow. Silly boy, snow lasts until March around here. His new passion is Pokemon. I am so (not) excited about this. For Christmas he received a card album with over 100 cards, a collection from my younger brother who is almost 20. So this has been the daily staple, he is constantly trying to get us to play the game. One that he makes up as he goes along. I actually printed off directions and there about 6 pages of them. Seriously.. He is reading Chapter books in class everyday, which he finishes rather quickly. We are currently listening to Spiderwick in CD in preparation for the movie. Good stuff. I hope he is always so interested in reading. He is a continued amusement for Asher, which is good and bad.
Asher is 18 months and is changing so much. He as quite the vocabulary on him. I would say at least 20-30 words. He actually said his first sentence last week. "More Apple Mama". He also fell down the stairs the same day, so it is a never ending adventure with him. Still blonde and blue-eyed and a bit of a dancer. He has discovered Blues Clues and does the dances and sings along. I forsee theater in his future.
Brian has left his job. That is right, his last day was this past Tuesday No, we are not moving again!! He and a co-worker have started their own studio,
Thesis. They have been working on it for a while now, and the time came for the transition. I am so excited and proud of him for taking this step, it has been a long time coming. He has a great partner who is very compatible with Brian and his design work, and his family is great, they have 2 little ones as well. The only thing that is a little nerve wracking is insurance, oh and I guess getting paid. But they are doing great and are both going to be teaching some classes at a local university in the fall. So great things are happening for them. There website which is still a work in progress is www.designbythesis.com
I have been busy planning for Disney, doing tons of research and getting the kids psyched. I have been volunteering at Eli's school and helping out with childcare for family and friends. Anything to distract me from any real issues that need to be addressed, weight loss. It is the biggest psych out ever. Also trying to understand how you can be friends with people for so long, since childhood and they just stop wanting to be friends, at least I haven't heard if or why. Just makes me sad and constantly questioning my role as a friend. I am very good about worrying about everyone else to avoid any real concerns of my own. That is what you would call my M.O. So there it is in a nut shell. I will add a few pics and be back soon.
1 comment:
I bet you are getting ready to head south! The weather is beautiful! 70s and sunny...80 today. Email or IM me and I'll be happy to help you out with any last minute questions. Are you flying or driving? Depending on your schedule, we may be able to head over and meet you for a few hours one day. Heidi
Post a Comment