Sunday, July 15, 2007

So this is what it feels like to have a teenager

Yes, My 6 year old is currently not talking to me.. Not sure why and it drives me crazy not knowing, and I hate it when people are mad at me. I have really insane insecurities when it comes to people, even my own kids liking me. Apparantly trying to tickle the problem out of him was not successful. What other weapon do I have? Will he really stop telling me what is going on inside that head of his? That will make me loony, constantly trying to guess, which in turn make that person loony. So he could just save us a lot of lunacy and tell what I did. He just had a week of camp, all day everyday with kids ages 5-12, and he has been really moody. Could be the long day, or the influence of older kids, whatever it is I am not a fan.

Asher also has been pretty cranky lately, although he is cutting 3 teeth right now so I am going to go ahead and let that slide. The constant throwing of food on the floor, and saying "uh-oh", is a deal breaker. Does he think we have a maid that comes in and mops up after him. Bratty kid.. Who is going to be one in one week! Yikes where did that time go?

OT- I just really need to express how very disappointed I am about "The Order of The Pheonix".. I re-read the book and was completley disappointed at the movie. Biggest book=shortest movie.. Leaving out tons of stuff, and the stuff they left, they completely changed.. Actually eliminating characters. I so looked forward to this movie, got my tickets ahead of time and what a let down. I am looking forward to book 7, 5 days to go.

3 comments:

Deanna said...

I hope Eli starts talking again soon...that would make me loony too!

I have heard other people mention how disappointed they were with the latest HP movie as well. That stinks. I was so looking forward to seeing it, but it sounds like it might not even be worth seeing it in the theatre. boo. I'm excited for the new book too!

Anonymous said...

My oh my - it's starting already... Is he talking to you yet?
It stinks, but I am so glad to hear that someone else thinks that this last movie was crappy. I was so disappointed - they left out some KEY things!!! However, the fight scene at the end was very cool in IMAX 3-D. Wow, that makes me sound like SUCH a dork!!
I am ready to camp out by my front door for the new book to arrive on Saturday!

Meghan said...

The cold shoulder at 6? wow, I bet he'll come out of it. Maybe you could try to get him to do a journal?

I'm glad I'm not the only one waiting for the new HP book! I read all six in 10 days in preparation - haven't seen the movie yet, but have heard similar reviews...