Saturday, July 21, 2007

I have it!

So yes, I went at midnight last night to get the last Harry Potter. Very exciting. They had a party at the little book store downtown. The whole street was filled with people waiting with their tickets. I saw people dressed like Mad Eye, Harry, Ginny, The Weird Sisters, Professor Sprout, Death Eaters, Rita the reporter. People were running around with S.P.E.W. on their faces. Good stuff. I tried to take Eli with me, but he wouldn't wake up to go, so my MIL went with me. They drove a car down the middle of the road at midnight with the books and people swarmed. Fortunately I was standing right next to where the car stopped, but that didn't stop people from pushing in front of me. They just opened the trunk and started handing them out, in exchange for the ticket you get when you pay for it. It was a mob scene. The last time I saw something like that was at a NIne Inch Nails concert. When I got my book and tried to make my way out of the crowd, I threatened to read the last line out loud if I couldn't pass. It was like the Red Sea. So now I have it, but don't have much time to read this weekend, as tomorrow is Asher's 1st birthday, but I will post about that tomorrow. So no one better spoil it before I get a chance to read it.. Happy Reading! I will be sad to see it end.

No comments: