Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Summer is upon us.

So Eli has started Tball.. It is very cute, a bunch of little boys running all over, chasing the ball. Even if it is no where near them. Fighting each other for it, and so proud when they get it. This is what our summer will be.. Plus one week of day long Ycamp in July. Maybe sprinkled with some classes at the nature center. We are about to have a 1st grader in our midst.. I just can't believe it. Kindergarten always seemed so far away, and here we are about to go head first into all day school. I am a little nervous about all the different influences he will have being away from us all day. At least half day I could kind of buffer. He is already worried about the most popular kid in class being his friend, and wanting Crocs because everyone has them, and he just wants to fit it. Yikes.. doesn't he realize that it is no fun to fit in. I am not that worried, at least for now. I will be really concious of it though, because one of his favorite things in the world right now is to read science books. Dinosaurs, amphibians, insects.. you name it. He even stacks them according to genre. I would hate to see him pulled away from that because no one else he knows is in to it. So we will protect that as long as we can. He really is a great kid, and man does he love his little brother. I couldn't have asked for a better relationship between the two. No one makes Asher laugh and smile like Eli. Eli just wants him to grow faster so he has a better playmate. Be careful what you wish for. So all in all things are pretty good here. My sister is getting married in a few days and Eli and I are both in the wedding, which should be interesting. I have some animal planet books in hiding for bribery. Asher is about to be 10 months and isn't crawling, but rolling everywhere. He had his first taste of dog food, and didn't seem to mind it. He has 2 teeth on the bottom. So different from Eli, definitely his own person. He can wave, and kind of pant like a dog. Cute stuff. One more thing.. The first day Eli rode his 2 wheel bike, he was riding like he had done it a million times. He amazes me!

1 comment:

K. said...

Glad things are going so well for you all there! Eli is adorable as ever and Asher is just beautiful. Spencer is also riding his bike like a pro and we are headed into the 1st grade also. It all goes so fast! Glad life is treating you so kindly! Take Care!
Kelly Marie