The daily comings and goings of a family of 4, plus 2 furry beasts and Tom the Hissing Cockroach!
Monday, July 10, 2006
Eli-1 Vegetables-0
What is it with kids and not wanting to eat vegetables? I mean I can understand to some extent, but zuchini?? There is really no taste not to like. Eli is very dramatic about it.. We insist he eat at least one piece, he chews a little and says "NO!".. I say "Chew it up and swallow it!", another "NO, I don't like it", while it is still in his mouth. I tell him to take a drink and just swallow it. He takes a drink and starts to get upset.. "I don't like it".. I insist on swallowing and then the water starts to run out of his mouth. "Don't you dare spit that out!" and here it comes oozing out of his mouth all the while he is screaming like a banshee. At this point I totally lose it, whip his chair away from the table and order him to his room.. Angry?? An understatement. Brian is not home, which is fortunate for him not so much for me. I tend to keep my cool, at least a bit more when he is home. I seriously don't know what to do. Every night at dinner he complains about everything I cook. I know I am not a great cook, but come on. It is getting on my last nerve, and I didn't have many to start with. Any suggestions? Every day he decides he doesn't like something, things he previously liked. Spaghetti and Pizza are the latest.. Come on already.. Help!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
that's tough. And definitely annoying. Maybe you could start cooking things that really ARE disgusting, like liverwurst, spam, sardines, etc....and then maybe he'll start liking the regular stuff you cook? Good luck with that.
That is one approach, to bad I would probably throw up just preparing any of those. Guess I should just be glad that he eats fruit. He has just chosen a bad time to be picky, he should wait until I am rid of all the excess hormones. Grrrrr...
I am sorry Jessica did the same thing at my mom's house. So being an experienced mom with 6 kids. she was calm and collected I had long since freaked out and lost all the little cool I had. Non the less my Mom had Jessica pick between 3 vegetables to have and 3 differnt main dishes and side dishes and then she helped cook everything she ate it all. I hope that helps.
Post a Comment