Friday, February 24, 2006

16 weeks and counting.

So we had another apt. today. I see a midwife, but saw a Dr. today to become familiar with a different face just in case my midwife can't be at the delivery. It was ok.. not a big fan of male ob's.. Bad experience with the one I had with Eli, kinda ruined it for me. Anyway.. all in all a good apt. Eli and Brian were both there and got to hear the heartbeat. This is reassuring for me because so much time passes between each apt. I start to get paranoid. When I was pregnant with Eli I worked at a womens health clinic which had a Ultrasound machine, so I had a few u/s by this time. Now I have to wait til 20 weeks for any at all, it is killing me. So we have that on March 30th.. and no we won't be finding out the sex.. Anyway..the heartbeat was easily found and very strong, about 130 beats per minute. I asked about the sex and he said it was right in the middle of the spectrum, could be either. Eli said it sounded like a dog barking.. Brian and Eli have decided that it is a boy, and I am holding out for a girl, not sure why. What would I do with a girl?? The 3 of us have predicted dates for actual delivery.. The due date is 8/13/06. I chose the 3rd, Brian chose the 11th and Eli chose the 28th. Anyone want to make a prediction??

4 comments:

Danielle said...

I say the 5th. That's the day Jeff and I are getting married. It could be our present!! :)

Todd said...

All I know is that it won't be born on the due date!

Chas said...

I really hope I don't go to my due date. Eli was due on May 19th and came on the 2nd so I don't think I will be happy going til the actual date. I do have a friend that actually delivered naturally on her due date.. Must have been a fluke.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to be so behind in all of the updates! Fabulous, Chas. My gut says - GIRL. As for due date and delivery... hmm... Haven't a clue. Babies seem to have their very own time table, and not too many seem to be let in on the secrets. :)