Sunday, September 11, 2005

They are here..

We are so excited to have Papa and Grandma visiting us for a few days. They arrived on Friday night around 9pm and we have been going non-stop since then. Saturday morning we went to a Book Festival put on by Target. It was great! They were giving away free "The Giving Tree" books and tons of games, air jumpers, rock wall. Free rental on paddleboats and canoes, which we tried for about 5 minutes and then Eli was bored. Most importantly there were special appearances by children's authors and tv personalities. Such as Barney(yuck) and Hi 5!! That was Eli's highlight, although it took him some time to warm up he ended up singing and dancing along with all the other kids. Good stuff. After that we went to the MOA for a quick experience, which was about one side and two levels. Plenty for us though.. Today we are going to go to Wild Rumpus Bookstore and a trolley ride around the lakes and a visit to the Walker Sculpture Garden. Wow, I am tired all ready and we haven't even left the house. Tomorrow Eli starts Preschoool.. Fun Fun.. More later.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Wow, that sounds fun. The Giving Tree is one of my favorite books. Man, Chas you are awesome for going out and doing so many fun and exciting things. I hope school goes well for Eli!
We miss you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Chas-
I am so glad that you are having fun!! Things are same-old here - Why am I in school agian??? Best of luck for the start of pre-school!! Good times will be had by all, I am sure.
Much love to you.